How do you make a New Year’s Resolution?
– You should prepare yourself mentally for change
– Limit your resolution and be specific
– You should set your goal that absolutely motivates you.
– Finally, you write it and share your resolutions with your close relatives or friends.
How do you ask a question?
A. What is(are) your New Year’s resolution(s)?
Hi, Harry. Happy New Year! Perhaps, you’ve made a crazy lists of New Year’s resolution in this year. What are some of your New Year’s resolutions? I’m so excited to see that.
B. Do you have any New Year’s resolution?
I am crazy about my stupid things that I want to give up in the new year. If you see it, you will become astonished. Do you have any New Year’s resolution?
I won’t be talkative in the new year. How about yours?
Did you follow your resolution from last year?
1. Take up: to start a new hobby or interest
I take up swimming once in a week for refreshment.
I plan to take up running to stay fit.
I can’t wait to take up skiing in the new year.
2. Give up: to stop doing something especially something that you do regularly
I give up smoking in the beginning of this new year.
Probably, it is better not drinking alcohol with friends so I give up alcohol as well as soft drinks in this new year.
I am planning to give up junk foods at all by the end of this month.
3. Going to: going to happen in certain months of the new year
I am going to stop drinking alcohol by the end of this month.
I am going to visit my grandparent’s home once in a month.
I am going to quit smoking in February.
4. Will: plan/promise
I will do my homework carefully.
By this month, I will end a relationship with stupid friends.
I will help the poor people.
5. To + Infinitive / Gerund : intend to make in the new year/ make choices
Hey, Harry. The most interesting New Year’s resolution is to feed street cattle once in a week. My important New Year’s resolution of this year is helping people who are in trouble.
6. Decided to / thinking about / considering
I have decided to run a new project in the beginning of this month.
I am thinking about starting a new business.
I’m considering working hard in the new year.
Thanks for reading!